Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas

Hi everyone!  Hope you are doing well!  Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, life literally took over!  With the end of Ethan’s first school year coming to a close, there are a ton of activities that are coming up. 
I must say though, I’m so excited for the school year to end.  I’m looking forward to spending my first summer home with the kids.  We have so much planned, and I’ll be blogging my way through it, so stay tuned!

Today, I thought I’d share a recipe that’s a complete HIT in my house.  It’s so incredibly easy and healthy too!  The best part about this recipe is that I was finally able to use some of the cilantro that I’m growing.  That alone got me excited! 

Hope you enjoy!
Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas

Makes: 1 small bowl |Prep Time: 5 minutes |Cook Time 40-45 mins |Total Time: 50 mins

Ingredients:

1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 teaspoons lime juice

1 teaspoon cumin

½ teaspoon – 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)

½ teaspoon garlic powder

¼ teaspoon – ½ teaspoon salt (depending on how much you love salt)

Chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil

Spread chickpeas that have been drained, rinsed, and patted dry, onto the baking sheet in a single even layer. 

Roast chickpeas for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so. 

Combine olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro in a medium bowl. 

When chickpeas are nice and crunchy (not burnt!), remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. 

Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and toss to coat.

For more recipes and healthy advice please join my Facebook community (you can find the link above)!

Have a great day!!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment