Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Raspberry Lime Flavored Water

In an effort to get healthier, I am trying my hardest to drink more water.  Unfortunately, I cannot stand water!  I hate the fact that it has no taste and honestly, I’d prefer to have a good ole diet coke!  With that said, I have been reading all over the place of people making their own flavored water and decided to give it a try.  Well what a nice surprise!  It’s really honestly good!  I leave a jug of it on my counter or in the fridge throughout the day and that’s all I’ll drink.  I’ve increased my water intake greatly.  Very exciting!  Here’s my most favorite way to drink the water.  There are so many variations but this is in my opinion the best one! 

Raspberry Lime Water

Ingredients:

1 pint of raspberries

2 limes

Ice

Directions:

Slice the limes thin and add to a large pitcher.  Add the raspberries.

With the end of a wooden spoon gently crush the raspberries and limes to release some of the juices.  (Don’t smash them to smithereens!) 

Fill the pitcher with ice and then fill with filtered water to the top.  Place in the refrigerator or on the counter until you get a nice pink hue. 

Hint:  The longer you let it sit, the better it tastes!  I’ve let mine go overnight and it’s awesome!

Enjoy!

Don’t forget to join my Facebook community for more great recipes and healthy advice!

~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment