Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Breakfast Broccoli Egg Bake

Hi!  I hope you’re having a good week so far!  Today, I wanted to share a recipe with you that I made over the weekend for my family.  It was super easy and approved by everyone!  Win win! 

casserole2


Ingredients:

3 cups of frozen tater tots
3 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen, I used frozen)
12 eggs
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 of a small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
6 oz. Canadian bacon, chopped
8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (garnish)
Olive oil


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375.  Add your frozen tater tots to a prepared 13x9 casserole dish and bake according to the package directions. 

While the tater tots are cooking, heat about 1 tsp. of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.  Add the frozen broccoli to the onion and garlic mixture with a little water to thaw.  Salt and pepper to taste. 

Scramble your eggs with a little salt and pepper and cook in a separate pan until they are almost done.  Don’t cook them all the way because they’ll be cooking in the oven as well!  Smile

Once your eggs are scrambled, your broccoli is cooked, and your tater tots are browned, begin layering your casserole. 

Here’s how I layer mine:

Tater tots, scrambled eggs, mozzarella cheese, broccoli, Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until everything is heated through and the cheese is melted.  Serve with crumbled bacon on top!

casserole
This casserole made a bunch of leftovers which is carrying my husband though the week too!  Bonus!

For more recipes and tips please follow me on Facebook and sign up for my newsletter!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment