Tuesday, November 20, 2012

5 Tips for Staying Sane and Stress Free Through the Holidays!


Ahhhh the holidays are here again! The most wonderful time of the year, yet the most stressful! I’m here to tell you it doesn’t have to be this way. Learn from my mistakes! I can’t tell you how many years have passed that I look back and wish I could have done things differently!

This year, will be different!

header1

I promise if you put these tips in place you’ll have a stress free and fun holiday season!

1) Lists! Make lots of lists! Then, prioritize what needs to be done first. If you are like me, there is a million and one things you’d like to get done this holiday season. Make a list of everything you want to do. Shopping, baking, wrapping, holiday parties, mailing out cards, decorating, everything. You will feel so accomplished when you are able to cross things off your list! PLUS, you’ll remember everything you’ll have to do to!

large_6468614679

2) Get the family involved. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times my husband asks to help me out and I decline his offers because I feel like I have to do everything myself. So listen up! You don’t have to be Super Woman this holiday season. If your husband says he can help, take it! This is something I’m still struggling to work on. This year though, he will be helping!

3) Write out a budget and stick to it. This one is important. Millions and millions of consumers every year put themselves into deeper debt buying gifts for their loved ones. If you are like me, you start out the holiday season swearing up and down that you will not swipe that credit card to buy a gift and then all of a sudden, you’ve swiped a bunch of times! The holidays aren’t about what awesome up and coming gifts you can buy. It’s about family and tradition. Remember that when you go shopping. Write out your budget, pay cash, and don’t overextend!

large_4180968389

4) Start shopping / wrapping early. Getting your shopping done early and before all the crowds start is a great way to stay happy and stress free this season. I’ve already finished my shopping for my kids and have just a few things left to get for family. While I love to go out Black Friday shopping, (I know, I know, I’m crazy. I love the atmosphere) I won’t be needing to go this year. I’ll be staying home nice and warm with my family. That stress is off my plate. Also, when you bring the presents home, wrap them!

5) Not everything needs to be perfect. This is the biggest one. You are not perfect. No one is! That means, the holidays do not have to be perfect. If you don’t get everything done on your list, try not to let it bother you. The most important part of the holidays is to spend lots of time with your family and friends celebrating each other!

Hope these few tips will make your holidays a little smoother this year.

Please enjoy this free printable I made to help out with your holiday shopping!

2012 Christmas Shopping List
                              (Click here for the printable)


Also, if you haven’t already please follow me on Facebook for daily updates and sign up for my newsletter on the top right hand side of the blog for weekly updates and specials just for my readers!

Stay tuned for lots more great holiday tips just for you!

Happy Holidays!

~Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki! I found your blog through the "grow your blog" blog hop! I will def be taking your advice in this post! I am super guilty of doing everything myself and not letting my husband help out =(. Would love for you to check out my blog dashofsun.blogspot.com!

    Jenni @ A Dash of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete