Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Super Easy, Kid Friendly, English Muffin Pizzas

Ok, so this isn’t the most gourmet recipe in the world but its fun, kid friendly, and really easy!  My husband works well over 2 hours away from work so most nights it’s just me and the kids for dinner.  With my hands so full, I usually turn to things that take me 30 minutes or less.  These pizzas are so versatile.  I’m sure most of you have already made these before and know that there are so many variations to the recipe.  I like to stay on the more healthy side so I don’t use pepperoni, bacon, or any of the really greasy stuff.  In this particular recipe I used Italian chicken sausage.  It’s awesome!  Any way you make these, I’m sure they’ll be delicious! 
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages of English muffins
  • Olive oil         
  • 1 jar pizza sauce
  • ½ tsp of garlic powder
  • ½ tsp of Italian seasoning
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Whatever toppings you like on pizza (In this recipe I used Italian Chicken Sausage)     
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 450.
Split the English muffins and brush the outside with olive oil, place the cut side up on a baking sheet. 

Sprinkle the muffins with the garlic powder
Toast in the oven until slightly brown. 
Remove from the oven and top with pizza sauce, toppings, the mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. 

Even Ethan likes to help!
Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly brown. 
Here is Ethan's plate….I always like to have some sort of veggie with every meal!

Enjoy!
~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment